Carl Morris is September’s top points earner!
Carl managed to rack up the most points in September, while also queueing up 30 minute Phish jams on the Vortex Midtown jukebox, donating PBR tabs to charities for children, and finding hiding places for his stash at the chagrin of home intruders.
Yes, Carl garnered 62.5 points in 13 games, averaging an impressive 4.81 points per game (that’s better than 5th place on average)! He made it to the final table a whopping 77% of the games he played. Carl also took home $130 in house cash.
We can look at how each of his tournaments affected his overall point score.
The red line represents each of the tournaments Carl played, each point being his player score. A high player score means a strong finish. This graph shows that Mr. Morris beat the league’s player score average every game but 4! Only 4 times was he sub-par!
The top blue line jumps up each time Carl made some points. So, we can see how his strong finishes increased his total points.
Great job, Carl. We’re proud of you. And sorry to hear your house got busted in to. At least they didn’t take your Vortex gift certificates.
Carl will join our other top players for September in the Monthly Champions tournament being held at The Vortex in Little 5 Points on November 7th. These players qualified by being in the top 8 for September, by having one of the top 3 player scores (with a minimum of 3 games played), or having one of the top 3 most KOs. The top 3 KOs this month were held by players in the top 8, so no slots are giving for KOs this time around.
Other notable players for September
Overall top monthly stats:
- Most points: Carl Morris, 62.5
- Top player score: Dave Matysiak, 0.786
- Most KOs: Nate Barnes, 29 KOs
- Top points per game average: Aaron Godbey, 7.25 (best average two consecutive months!)
Stats per Venue
- Most Points: John Trent, 21 points
- Top Player Score: DJ Feldman, 0.766
- Most KOs: Erik Tierney, 10 KOs
- Most Points: Juliana Perez, 21 points
- Top Player Score: Juliana Perez, 0.868
- Most KOs: Aaron Kalbfeld, 15 KOs
- Most Points: Aaron Godbey, 29 points
- Top Player Score: Shane Green, 0.868
- Most KOs: Aaron Godbey, 14 KOs
- Most Points: Edie Props, 23 points
- Top Player Score: Edie Props, 0.817
- Most KOs: Stefan Gremalschi & Bert Hopkins, 7 KOs
- Most Points: Carl Morris, 24 points
- Top Player Score: Carl Morris, 0.757
- Most KOs: Ken Sugden, Garrett Hockin, & Errol Danley, 10 KOs
Leave a Reply